Thursday, February 3, 2011

Winter outside my window

So here in Indiana we are among those who've been hit by this big winter storm. As I look out my window, I can see everything is covered in snow and ice, as it has been for quite awhile now! The kiddos are on day 3 of being home due to school closings, and I think we are all getting a little stir crazy! There is a ray of hope, though (literally!)...the sun is shining today, and it looks like the ice and snow is beginning to melt.

You'd think that I would take this opportunity to hunker down and work on some scrappy projects, but instead, I am spending some quality time with the kiddos and just hanging out. I guess the idea of being trapped in a winter wasteland is sapping my creative energy.

I do want to share a winter themed layout in honor of this crazy winter storm...which has pun-tastically been referred to as Snowmaggedon, SnOMG, the Blizzard of Oz, the Fast and the Flurrious, and the Snowtorius B.I.G. (hmmm...those could make some great titles for scrapbook pages, don't you think?). Anyway, since the creative juices haven't been flowing as much as the de-icer around here, the layout I'm sharing is an oldie (but still a goodie to me!). It's called "Winter Outside My Window" and it features a photo of my daughter at age 2 looking out the window at a snow-covered scene much like today.


It's hard to tell in the photo, but I used lots of glitter on the chipboard letters and snowflakes...I really wanted to create that look of sparkly white snow. Here are some detail shots that show it a bit better...



 
I added snowflake transparencies and gemstones for even more shine and sparkle. The small snowflake shapes are actually miniature Christmas ornaments with the hanging part cut off from the top. They had a shiny, glossy finish on them, and I thought they were perfect for this page. I love it when I can find a way to use unique, non-scrappy items on my layouts!

Hopefully, the weather will break soon and my scrap mojo will come back. If you're in the middle of this storm, too...stay safe and warm! And, if you're lucky enough to be enjoying warm weather right now, please send some my way!

2 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

Heather love your work~it always looks good!!!

P K Glitz said...

How gorgeous and of course, love all of the sparkle ;)