Wednesday, October 27, 2010

No Tricks, Just Treats

Well, it's almost time for Halloween, but no tricks here...just treats! These treats come in the form of sharing some Halloween-themed projects for your scrapping and paper crafting inspiration!

First up is a project literally designed for treats...a little treat container that would be perfect for gifting some sweets to your favorite boys and "ghouls."


This simple project starts out by covering a canister-type container (I re-purposed a peanut can) with Halloween-themed patterned papers. Then, tie a ribbon around the canister into a button-topped bow, and embellish the top with punches and stickers. I used patterned papers and stickers from the Haunted collection by Reminisce. I also used Reminisce's Glitter Factory papers for the scalloped circle and for matting the "No Tricks/Just Treats" stickers. If you haven't tried these papers, let me say...they are awesome! If you like glitter, you will adore these papers! They add lots of sparkle to projects, and best of all, NO mess...the glitter does not flake off at all.

I also have a couple more projects using Reminisce's Haunted collection. My "Haunted Mansion" layout is about one of my family's favorite attractions at Disney World.


I used lots of texture and embellishments that symbolize different parts of The Haunted Mansion, like the demon-eyes wallpaper ("peeling" from the background), the floating candleabra, and the frames like those that surround the ghostly portraits on the Mansion walls. I even included a hidden Mickey on the layout...can you spot it? (It's very tiny!).

The Haunted collection by Reminisce was also perfect for creating this Halloween "BOO" banner.



I used also used some fun trim, purple and black tulle, ribbon, and more of the Glitter Factory papers, as well as some printed chipboard letters.

Hope you enjoy these treats (almost) as much as the sweet candy kind. (I have to admit, though, chocolate is pretty hard to beat!) Happy Haunting!

No comments: